This studio apartment has a queen-size bed, couch, dressers, fridge, stove, oven, microwave, silverware, dishes, pots and pans, bathtub with shower, TV, and swimming pool. You can come and go as you please without having to walk through my house.
My swimming pool is technically open year-round, but the best months to swim are April to September when the air temp. is warm enough to allow the water to be heated to a comfortable swimming temp. I can't afford to heat the pool when the high air temperature is below 80 degrees.
In addition to the apt itself, you can also relax on patio furniture and (in warm weather) swim in the pool.
Muita huomioonotettavia seikkoja
The mattress on the pull-out couch is not very thick, so I tend not to recommend that adults or older teens use it. (Think of the Seinfeld segment where Elaine tries to sleep on a pull-out bed at Jerry's parents' condo in Florida....)
The regular cushions on the couch are pretty comfortable, but they only stretch 5’8” and so won’t work for anyone taller than that.
I'm approved as a Rover dog-sitter, so there's a chance that you might meet another dog or two staying with Curly and me.
Wifi signal in the apartment is weak; I'm working on improving that.
- Please let me know whenever you need me to wash towels or sheets.
- If you need to wash clothes, I might be able to let you use my washer and dryer. But because they're inside my house, you'll need to arrange that in advance with me.
- Please wash your own dishes in the sink.
- No smoking, inside or outside the apt.
- I'm a terrible cook, and normally can't provide food for you in the apartment, but there's a Harris Teeter grocery store less than three miles away.
- Because I live in a quiet residential area, please don't play loud music.
- It's best if you keep the windows closed, because although the screens keep the bugs out effectively, they do allow dust and other allergens to float inside. You can set the thermostat to raise or lower the temperature, but please don't set the AC any lower than 78 degrees, or it struggles to deal with humidity.
I live in the adjacent house and am available to assist you almost every day.
Moral philosopher with 24 years' experience in higher education, I've taught courses on ethics in medicine, business, law, and the military. Author of Partly Cloudy: Ethics in War, Espionage, Covert Action, and Interrogation (2009, 2016).