Compact, one bedroom, all-season winterized, fully equipped cottage with all the necessities. Our little cabin makes the most of its 800 square feet. It is conveniently located just a ten minute drive from the world famous Sauble Beach in the quiet cottage community of Oliphant. It is about 11 km west of Wiarton. Our cabin is located on Sandy Bay, a very popular kiteboarding destination. From mid-June 17/17 to September 9/17 we require 7 day bookings with a Saturday check-in.
We love our little cabin and hope you do too. We have summer and winter guests who have returned for several years because they've fallen in love with Oliphant, and our little spot on Lake Huron.
You will be given key for a storage shed.
Vuorovaikutus vieraiden kanssa
We are available by phone, any time. ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)). We may drop by to say hello at some point after your arrival, and introduce ourselves.
Muita huomioonotettavia seikkoja
The water levels in Lake Huron can fluctuate greatly from year to year. The gradual slope of the underlying bedroom and lakebed here, means that change in water levels of 12', can result in the shoreline changing by a few hundred metres. If this is of importance to you, enquire about the water levels, if you wish to return. The shoreline may be different than your first trip! In 2017, water levels were high.
If you are interested in a winter vacation, snow can arrive in December, or January, it varies from year to year.
We provide linens, bedspread and blanket for the double bed. There is one extra throw in the linen press. If you plan to use the pullouts, linens will be provided, but please bring blankets for the pull-outs. (Note: We will be unable to provide linens between Nov. 9 - Dec. 13, 2017.)
- A maximum of 4 adult guests are permitted, a maximum of 5 guests are permitted if at least one of those guests, is a child.
- Individuals 16 years of age or older count as adults.
- Pets must be negotiated. We request that you discuss the breed and number of pets you wish to bring, prior to booking. Must discuss breed and number.
- Smoking is not permitted in the cottage.
- Linens are provided for the double bed, and two pullouts. Two sets of towels are provided. There are only 2 extra blankets. Please bring additional blankets for beds.
- We request that the cottage be left clean at the end of stay. Please wash dishes and remove garbage and place in garbage can in the shed.
- No additional overnight guests are allowed.
- We live close by and are available if you need assistance.
I am an English-speaking Canadian from Ontario. I work in education and with my partner at Fishing Island Tours & Charters, providing guided passenger boat tours.
As Your Host: We get a real bang out hosting people who want to explore our area or just relax and enjoy the beauty of Oliphant, ON, which is adjacent to The Fishing Islands on the Bruce Peninsula. We live down the road from the cabin, so are easily accessible by phone should you need any information about your accommodations, or about the area. We love sharing our love of the entire Bruce Peninsula and the Fishing Islands, with others.
As Your Guest: My husband and I enjoy traveling to visit our children who live in Australia and Canada, and to explore new places. We enjoy places where we have access to biking and walking, and love beach life. We kiteboard, ski, snowshoe and hike and love where we live. Oliphant is just 13 km north of Sauble Beach and 11 km west of Wiarton in South Bruce Peninsula. The water in Oliphant is shallow and warm, which contributes to its being one of the best places to kite in Canada. As an Airbnb'er myself, I need to be able to make a good coffee and have internet access at our home base for exploring!