Located on the site of historic Chubtown - this rustic century home, circa 1860s, enjoys a beautiful country setting within minutes of the city, restaurants, shopping, etc... Ideal for families, couples or singles. Close to Durham College, UOIT, GM, Mosport, Purple Woods, Golf Courses, Great Blue Heron Casino, Port Perry, Oshawa, Columbus, Brooklin, Darlington, parks, restaurants and dining. Ideal for solo adventurers, couples, business travellers, families and furry friends (pets).
We (Bob and Shelley) enjoy a total of 10 children and 12 grandchildren. And so our home, and the lower level 'in-law' apartment/suite, is ideally suited for families and singles alike.
This is an 'in-law' type apartment in our home accessed via common living space. While the space is technically a 'basement apartment' it is on the side of the house that is above ground, which is why you see large windows in the bedroom and living room pictures. You have full and private use of the entire apartment which includes one bedroom, one living room, a kitchenette and a 3 piece private bath. The Kitchenette includes a bar-fridge, toaster oven, coffee maker, microwave, cutlery and dinnerware,
We are on well-water which is suitable for everything but we don't recommend it as drinking water. Bottled water is provided in the suite for drinking, amking coffee and tea, etc...
The lower level 'in-law' apartment/suite is your private area, accessed via common living space. While you are staying with us we only enter the apartment for emergencies, so please let us know if you require additional bed sheets, towels, cutlery, etc...
The common front door is keyed access and the key is located in a lockbox as needed.
Vuorovaikutus vieraiden kanssa
We are readily available and open to socializing with our guests, or they can retreat to their private suite or a quiet walk on the grounds as they wish.
Muita huomioonotettavia seikkoja
1) Please note that the kitchenette does not have its own sink, the adjoining bath sink is easily accessible — and the upstairs kitchen may also be available upon request.
2) Also, we have two friendly, medium size dogs who very much enjoy the company of people and all kinds of pets. Please note that while there are several acres for the dogs to roam, none of it is fenced off - so please bring a leash if you feel your dog may wander. We also have two ducks and four chickens that roam free during the day so please keep your dog leashed until he/she gets used to these pets.
• - House is on spring-fed well water but due to heavy rain season we recommend drinking bottled water which we supply.
• We have two friendly dogs (see listing photos) that are great with people and other dogs — your dog is also welcome to stay with us...presuming he/she is house-trained :)
• We also have 2 ducks and 4 chicken that wander around outside. They are friendly won't get your way.
• Guests have full use of outdoor spaces.
• The lower level 'in-law' apartment/suite is your private area, accessed via common living space. While you are staying with us we only enter the apartment for emergencies, so please let us know if you require additional bed sheets, towels, cutlery, etc...
We (Bob and Shelley) are first and foremost parents and grandparents who enjoy a total of 10 children 12 grandchildren. Our home is ideally suited to accommodate a couple or an entire family, including pets. Besides operating our B&B and celebration venue, Shelley teaches kindergarten and we are active in our church and community. Please contact us here and/or look for us on various popular social media sites.