Cascina Scarrone is a luxury farmstead situated in the Langhe, an area of outstanding beauty in the Piedmont region recently inscribed onto the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Ideal for those who want to relax and enjoy the nature, the area is renowned for its fine wines (such as Barbaresco and Barolo, one of Italy's greatest wine) and the prestigious Alba white truffle, described as the jewel of the Italian gastronomy.
The Langhe offers many places of interest: old villages, castles, churches, fairs, museums just to name a few. The area is also perfect for walkers, cycling and many outdoor activities.
Cascina Scarrone is located a short driving distance from Alba in the small municipality of Perletto in the province of Cuneo. It is surrounded by 6 acres of private grounds which include lawns, forests and vineyards.
The construction of the farmstead's main body dates back to the beginning of 1800 (as described in the ancient “Sabaudian maps”) while the central part of the house is from 1900.
Cascina Scarrone was in a state of ruin and was meticulously restored by the current owners. Particular value was given to the beautiful “pietra di langa”, a type of regional sandstone which the farmstead was originally made of.
All the apartments are beautifully furnished. Each have a double bedroom, a private bathroom and a lounge area with a sofa bed and are equipped with a farm-style kitchen with oven.
Apartment A: this apartment is very bright as it is exposed to both east and west. On top of the double bed room and the sofa bed it also provides a separate single bed located in a spacious mezzanine area.
Apartment B: what makes it unique is the beautiful wooden mezzanine where the double bed is. It is very intimate and it is ideal for a couple looking for a romantic holiday.
Apartment C: It is based on the second floor and it is accessed through a spiral staircase. It is called the " yellow" apartment due to its predominant colours. The double bedroom offers a beautiful view over the hills and the medieval tower dominating the village of Perletto .