With creek views out the back door and your own outdoor patio to enjoy it from, our stand-alone studio is perfect for couples, solo adventurers, and business travellers. It includes one queen-size bed, unlimited wi-fi, private ensuite, TV and a separate kitchen sink. Please note that no cooking facilities are available.
10 minutes walk from the Dora Creek train station gives you easy access to both Sydney and Newcastle by train.
Enjoy a tea, coffee or hot chocolate and unwind with the sounds of birds and view of the creek out the back.
Please note, as pictured, there is no fridge or cooking facilities. There is, however, a table and chairs and now there is also a TV (new photos coming soon).
Unfortunately, our new neighbours (on the far side from where you are staying - our house is in between the studio and them) like to play loud music in the afternoon and early evenings. It's usually only on Friday and Saturday nights, but it has been at other times as well. Unfortunately, we can't predict when it will start or stop. It usually ends by 8:30 pm, but there has been one Saturday night that it went until 11:00 pm. While the volume is quite loud outside, it has been minimal inside the studio when we've checked. We hope they don't have it playing while you are here, but we thought you should be aware of this before choosing to book our studio.
Top reasons to choose our studio:
1. It's private, no sharing!
2. Recently replaced mattress - A.H. Beard King Koil Classic Support Plush Medium Soft
3. Creek views with beautiful sunsets.
4. Intimate space ideal for one or two travellers.
5. It's only a 10-minute walk to the Dora Creek train station for easy access to Newcastle or Sydney.
6. There is a restaurant and cafe within a 10-minute walk, and it's only a 6-minute drive to Morisset for other restaurants and supermarkets.
7. Table, chairs, plates, bowls and cutlery are provided, as are mugs and glasses.
8. We have an abundance of birds that you can wake up to in the morning including Kookaburras, Kingfishers (these ones are pretty shy though), Willy Wagtails, Rosellas, Lorikeets, ducks, and every few days we also get Galahs and Cockatoos.
9. You can swim or fish in the creek if you want to (BYO fishing gear though).
10. Free, unlimited wi-if on the National Broadband Network.
11. Tea, coffee and hot chocolate are provided in the room.
Some reasons our studio might not be right for you:
1. It's a maximum of two people only.
2. No fridge or cooking facilities.
3. It's weird I know, but it used to be a painters studio, so the floor is garden pavers. It is sealed underneath and kept clean, but it can get cold in Winter and we know some people just might not like it.
4. No air-conditioning.
5. No laundry facilities.
6. No pets.
7. No smoking anywhere.
8. There is storage space if required in the drawers, but there is no hanging space.
9. Our neighbours sometimes play loud music.
So who is our studio best suited to? In our opinion it is ideal for:
1. Solo or couple travellers.
2. Those just passing through on the way somewhere else looking for somewhere comfortable to spend the night.
3. Anyone looking for a country escape without getting too far away from civilisation (we are 45 minutes from Newcastle CBD and 1.5-2hrs from Sydney CBD).
4. Someone just wanting a calm and inspiring view where they can de-stress (as long as our neighbours don't start their music) - you can swim in the creek if it's hot - we have been warned about sharks but have never seen any ourselves.
5. Those that need the internet - we have free wifi.
You have access to the entire studio. An undercover parking space is available, and you are welcome to utilise the yard or creek area behind our house.
Vuorovaikutus vieraiden kanssa
I am available most of the time for assistance in the adjacent house. Please feel free to text or call if there is anything I can help with.
Absolutely no smoking is allowed anywhere on the property sorry.