OUR MAPLEWOOD CABIN is a three bedroom cabin secluded on our Hocking Hills 65 acre Cedar Grove Retreat property, a half mile from Old Man's Cave. There is a private wrap around deck with a covered hot tub, gas grill, swing and table and chairs. There is a fully furnished kitchen and adjoining dining and living room area with gas fireplace, leather sofas, log rocker and HD TV with DirecTV and DVD player. Check out "Cedar Grove Lodging" for more detailed information.
Our Cedar Grove Lodging business includes two premier properties in the heart of the Hocking Hills region. Our 65 acre Cedar Grove Retreat property has 6 cabins and 2 lodges that together accommodate up to 81 guests. Our Big Pine Lodge is situated on a private property accommodating 21 guests
Take a Hike!!! Enjoying the nature beauty of the area is by far the most popular. Most first time visitors focus on Old Man's Cave and it is magnificent, but don't overlook the many other parks and trails in the area. We especially enjoy taking a hike with Pat Quakenbush, the State Naturalist as our guide.
Visit different times of the year... Especially winter and spring time! The fall is by far the most popular due to the foliage, but the hills are alive year round!
Tour the back roads: Hocking Hills some of the best driving roads in the country! Car and Driver magazine visits the area several times a year and even has their own "Car and Driver Loop" that they use to test the newest sports cars.
Who doesn't like a great meal out! We are fortunate to have the top rated Kindred Spirits restaurant at the Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls located just a couple of miles from our Cedar Grove Retreat property. You're in for a real experience and won't be disappointed.
Nothing beats sitting around a roaring campfire with family and friends. We all need a break from the day to day....
Guests will have complete access to the cabin that is rented as well as the Cedar Grove Retreat which includes 65 acres, a catch-n-release fishing pond, an on site trail system, Wi-Fi around the property, and a guest services building with amenities and supplies inside.
Vuorovaikutus vieraiden kanssa
Cedar Grove Lodging provides 24/7 guest assistance through phone and email. Prior to your stay, the owners, Kevin and Julie Claus, are available to speak with and ask any questions about the cabin, property, or area you may have.
Muita huomioonotettavia seikkoja
Cedar Grove Retreat has 6 cabins and 2 lodges that can accommodates up to 81 guests. Additional items and experiences are available to enhance your stay. Some examples are firewood, catering, in-cabin massage, flowers, gourmet chocolate truffles, and personal in-cabin chef.
- The Maximum occupancy for each unit includes all overnight guests regardless of age.
- Visitors: Absolutely no additional visitors permitted on the property unless it has been discussed and approved. If approved, a visitor guest fee of $10/person/day as well as a $300/day event fee may apply for visiting guests.
- Pets are permitted with prior authorization. $15/pet/night fee applies.
- Reservations and payment: Reservations can be made via online booking. 50% of total rental fee is due to secure a reservation. Remainder is due 30 days prior to arrival day. Full payment is required if reservation is made within 30 days of arrival. We reserve the right to cancel a reservation due to non-payment. Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit/debit cards are accepted. If alternate forms of payment are used (cashier's check, cash, etc...) an additional refundable security deposit of 50% of the total rental fee or a credit card will be required.
- Arrival/Departure: Arrival is after 4:00 p.m. We work diligently to have the units available for you by 4:00 PM, but there are rare occasions when additional cleaning may be required or when your hot tub may not be fully heated until later that night. Departure: Departure is before 11:00 a.m. We greatly appreciate guests following ALL instructions provided for departure. Early arrival or late departure of up to 2 hours may be available in our cabins ($25 fee) or lodges ($50 fee). This offer is subject to availability and requires prior approval.
- Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to arrival will receive a 90% refund. Cancellations made 14 to 30 days prior to arrival will receive a 50% refund. No refunds for cancellations made fewer than 14 days before arrival. No refunds for cancellations due to inclement weather.
- Age Requirements: You must be 21 years or older to rent any Cedar Grove Lodging cabin or 25 years or older to rent any Cedar Grove Lodging lodge. Cedar Grove Lodging is intended and created for a family atmosphere. Our cabins are furnished with the finest amenities and equipment. If you are looking for a place to party with your friends, please look elsewhere! Excessive noise levels or any property damage will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!
- Confirmations: Your phone reservation is considered a confirmed reservation at the time of your booking. If you reserve using our online reservation system, which includes your charge card number, we will confirm the reservation within 24-hours via email. A confirmed reservation includes the review and acceptance of these policies.
- Lost and Found: Please check drawers, under beds, etc. when leaving to check for your personal belongings. Our staff will be happy to make a reasonable search for items a guest believes they may have left. If found, the item will be returned at the guest's expense.
- Smoking: Smoking is NOT permitted inside our cabins or in the hot tub. A $500 cleaning fee will be added to your bill if smoking was detected. Please properly discard cigarette butts!!!
- Cleaning Responsibilities: If unusual cleaning is necessary, there may be an additional charge to your credit card on record. It is your responsibility to maintain the cabin in a neat and clean condition throughout your stay.
- Malfunction of equipment: We do our best to make sure all amenities are in good working order. Occasionally electronics, satellite, phones, internet and other mechanical equipment will malfunction. We will do our best to repair these items in a timely manner, but will not make any rental concession for time without these items. Likewise, loss of electricity, water, or other “Acts of God” that are outside of our control will not result in a refund of any monies paid. Due to cleaning and servicing, hot tubs are sometimes not up to full temperature at the time of arrival and may need several hours to heat. We ask that you follow all guidelines and policies regarding use of amenities in order to keep them functioning at peak efficiency. Fireplaces are operational September through April.
- Extermination/Insects: Our cabins are located in a rural area, which is surrounded by woods. As a result, there may be some insects or other visitors in or around the cabins at times. Our cabins and lodges are professionally exterminated on a regular basis.
- Weather/Power Outages: Bad weather conditions may make travel to the Hocking Hills difficult. In addition, occasional power outages or other "Acts of God" that are outside of our control will not result in a refund of any monies paid. We will do our best to make your stay comfortable.
- Driving Conditions: Hocking County is very rural county with curvy and hilly roads which requires cautious driving. The roads leading to our cabins are nicely paved two lane highways that are well maintained. The drives within our properties do have an incline and may require 4-wheel drive during inclement weather or any significant snowfall. There are no refunds due to inclement weather.
- Damages and Theft: We have designed and furnished our cabins with high quality materials and amenities. We expect that our guests will respect the inside, outside and surrounding property at all times. We reserve the right to charge your credit card for any damages or theft as a result of your stay. If you notice any problems upon arrival, please let us know immediately.
- Furniture and Electronics: No moving of furniture or decor inside or outside of the cabin. Do NOT disconnect or alter any electronic items. Each unit is supplied with an in-cabin welcome book that provides detailed electronic operating instructions.
- Privacy: Please respect guests in other cabins by not approaching their cabin and by controlling noise levels, especially between the hours of 10PM and 8AM. If you are bothering other guests you may be asked to leave the property without a refund of any money.
- Safety Rules: For your safety, we post Safety Rules around the property. Please abide by these rules as we want you to have a safe and happy stay! Cedar Grove Lodging is NOT responsible for injury or damage to you or your property!
- Liability: Renter agrees to assume all responsibility for an accident, injury or damage that may result in or about the premises, to persons or property (including those of Renter's guests), and that the Owner and its agents shall not be held liable, or responsible for such injury, accident, or damage. Renter assumes the risk involved with the use of the hot tub, pond and any and all other rental amenity and agrees to save harmless and indemnify the Owner and its agents from any and all claims and liability of any nature which may arise by reason of the use of the same renter or others using the same during renters occupancy. Renter assumes responsibility of all guests during the reservation time.
- Video Dissemination: Unless prior written consent is obtained from Owner or its agent, Renter and its guests are prohibited from publicly disseminating through any means, any video or photographic broadcast or reproductions of the property or Renter's and guests' activities while on the property. Renter shall indemnify and hold harmless Owner and its agents from any claims, liability, expenses or damages relating to any such broadcast or reproduction.
- Fishing Pond: Our Cedar Grove Retreat pond is for catch and release fishing only. No swimming is allowed. Our pond is private and only to be used by registered Cedar Grove Lodging guests. No fishing license is required.
- Swimming: The nearby Hocking Hills state park has a beautiful pool that is only 1.5 miles from our Cedar Grove Retreat property. Located next to the State Park Dining Lodge, the pool has amenities for all ages and is open from Memorial Day to Labor day from 11:00am to 7:00pm. For a small fee, you family can enjoy a fun day in the sun. Guests ages 16 and over are $3.50 per day. Children ages 4-15 pay 3.00 per day. Children 3 and under get into the pool free.
- Hunting: Absolutely NO hunting of any kind is permitted anywhere on the property.
- Fireworks/Firearms/Guns: Absolutely NO shooting fireworks, firearms or guns on the property.
- ATV's/motorcycles: Absolutely NO all-terrain vehicles, 4-wheelers, motorcycles or other recreational vehicles may be used on the property at any time. Only the use of motorcycles as a mode of transportation to the cabins may be used.
- Campfires: Campfires are permitted ONLY in the fire pit provided with your cabin or lodge. Absolutely NO fires permitted outside of these designated areas. Only firewood should be burned in the fire pit. Please ensure fire is properly extinguished before leaving the campfire area.
- Firewood Alert: It is illegal to move firewood in or out of Quarantined areas. Violators face up to $4000 fines. Please buy your firewood from local vendors within Hocking County. We have also arranged to have bundles of firewood delivered to your cabin. See our Packages for more information.
- Pets: We DO accommodate pets, but only with prior written authorization and payment of accompanying pet fee. Pets are not to be left alone in cabin unless crated. We ask that you please pick up and dispose of your pet's droppings. If unapproved pets are found on the property, there will be a $75 fee and you may be asked to leave the property immediately.
- Appropriate Behavior: Although Cedar Grove Lodging properties are located on secluded acres, please respect other guests and property owners in the area.
- Absolutely NO TRESPASSING on adjoining properties!!!
- POLICIES AND RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. YOUR VERBAL AUTHORIZATION AT TIME OF RESERVATION, MAKING AN ONLINE RESERVATION, PAYMENT OF MONEY AND/OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF OUR POLICIES AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THE PROPERTY AS A SHORT TERM VACATION RENTAL. VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE POLICIES MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF THE RENTAL WITHOUT A REFUND. K&J Getaways,LLC, an Ohio limited liability company dba Cedar Grove Lodging