"The Fox Den" is a peaceful mountain cottage nestled in a valley down the hill from Deep Gap Trail that leads to Mount Mitchell, tallest mountain east of the Rockies. Enjoy the all wood interior, the deck that feels like a treehouse with gazebo above a mountain stream. You have the entire upper level of the home, with kitchen, full bath, 3 bedrooms, deck with gazebo, 2 swings under the house, and Japanese Garden.
This is a real getaway place. Great for relaxing and being with the ones you love. Burnsville and stores are 11 miles away. Nearby are crafts, gifts and groceries, hiking trails and rivers. 45 miles from Asheville with its city attractions. Lounge and dine on the deck in the gazebo, enjoy the fun master bedroom, and listen to the mountain stream down below. Take a deep breath. Restore. Refresh. Relax.
You have the entire upper level of the home, with kitchen, full bath, 3 bedrooms, deck with gazebo, 2 swings under the house, and Japanese Garden. Driving distance: Gap hiking trail, Burnsville, Asheville, Mount Mitchell, the Blue Ridge Parkway, groceries, theater, restaurants, arts and craft studios and stores.
Vuorovaikutus vieraiden kanssa
You're on your own, and I can be reached easily.
Muita huomioonotettavia seikkoja
This is a fun rustic mountain cottage. The interior is all wood floors and walls except the master bedroom with carpet and white walls. It is a small cozy place. Being charmingly old, it is clean but not spotless. It's more like staying at a parent's house than a Holiday Inn. If you want brand new spotless, you might want the Holiday Inn.
There is a separate apartment in the basement with a separate entrance, where I stay sometimes when there are guests. Your space is private and separate. Nothing is shared with the upstairs. You have your own kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, living room, deck, gazebo, and under the cottage are two swings also for your private use.
The well water here is different from city water. It is rich in minerals and has a high iron content. It is clean and drinkable, but we provide a jug of drinking water. Welcome to the mountains!
You will be in the area of one of the country's premier artist studio tours. On special weekends, the tons of amazing artists up here open their studios to the public. The rest of the year, the artists can be contacted from the list. In case you are interested, here's a link. You will find arts/crafts categories and maps to the studios. Search: Toe River Arts Council, TRAC Studio Tour
Hiking and Trail info: Search All (URL HIDDEN)
Live music and food and drink in Burnsville, Spruce Pine, Little Switzerland Inn, and Asheville.
Enjoy, relax, communicate, without damaging things, or disturbing the very few neighbors. No smoking indoors. Pet fee of $25 first pet, $10 each additional - non refundable.
1. Smoking is allowed outside only. Please do not leave butts anywhere.
2. People other than those in the Guest party listed in the rental, may not stay overnight on the property. Any other person on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The cottage is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Please keep the property and all furnishings in good order for your own enjoyment and for others.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses. Electric heaters should be run on low settings, and not left turned on when leaving the house.
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval. There is a nonrefundable $25 fee for pets (We do extra cleaning.). Any extra cleaning needs caused by pets will be deducted from the deposit. If your pets will be up on the furniture, it is appreciated if you supply your own CLEAN blanket or sheet to cover furniture during the stay. Please clean up after your pet inside and outside. If this fee did not show up in the online transaction, kindly leave a check, or let us know to bill you online. Thank you.
PARKING – Parking is limited to ___3____ vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. There are two parking spaces right beside the house. There is also a grassy strip just down the hill from the house. Parking in neighbor’s driveway is not allowed.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the unit. Extra towels and washcloths are stored in the bathroom closet for you.
11. Water and Septic: The cottage is on a well and septic system. The mineral content and rust in the water is high so water may have a rust color. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Please DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages in the amount of the necessary repair.
If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
• The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
• A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
• The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
-Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
No refunds will be given for bad weather or storms. [Our Cattail Creek Road is paved, and maintained by the County. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.]
13. WILD PARTIES The premises are not to be used for any activity that is illegal, or that may cause disturbance to the neighbors in this quiet community. Any complaints from neighbors or local authorities can result in: 1. A warning. 2. If no result, the immediate eviction of all persons, with no refund provided.
Excessive trash or damage cleanup will be charged against the deposit. If damage or cleanup exceed the deposit amount, Homeowner reserves the right to charge the renter with an invoice, and/or legal action to recover any loss.
Thanks again for your rental! I hope you have a peaceful restful joyful stay.
All the best,
(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
The Fox Den
Rental Agreement –The Fox Den
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Ron Moore (“Homeowner”) and _ __ (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property: The property is located at:
2534 Cattail Creek Rd. Burnsville, NC 28714
1. The property is furnished and includes beds, linens, towels, pots/pans, silverware, cups, bowls, dishes, toaster, tea kettle, coffee maker, stove, refrigerator, microwave, and furniture. Entertainment devices include: TV or Monitor, DVD player, DVDs in limited selection, Video Game console, controllers and games PS2, Nintendo. *Note: Wi-fi is provided already in the house, and is adequate for your laptop streaming including Netflix etc. (Speed 3mbps)
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the following number of persons: __(number you listed__________
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 7 persons.
4. Term of the Lease: The lease begins at __3___ p.m. on __ 2014__________ (the “Check-in Date”) and ends at _11 AM. on _______ _________ (the “Checkout Date”).
PLEASE LEAVE KEY locked in the closet by the back door where you found it.
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 2 night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than 2 days, the guest will be charged the 2-night rate.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
8. Rental Rate and Fees
a. The deposit is for security and shall be refunded within 7 days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
i. damage to the property or furnishings;
ii. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
iii. any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
The premises are expected to be left in decent condition when leaving.
No Cleaning Fee is Charged for normal use.
In the event of Excessive Cleaning Needs on exit of rental: Payment will be assessed and deducted from deposit:
Cleaning fe(URL HIDDEN) $50 to 100 depending on nature of cleaning needed.
Repairs: caused by misuse or gross negligence.
Less deposi(URL HIDDEN)$(_________)
TOTAL deposit to be returned(URL HIDDEN) $_________
9. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
___100_% if cancelled 7 or more days prior to the Check-in Date
_50___% if cancelled __5__ days or less prior to the Check-in Date
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase travelers insurance.
The parties agree to the terms and Rules of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the transaction of the rental.
Traveling all over the world, one sees a lot of interesting places and meets many wonderful people. I've brought these experiences to my home now in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Having stayed in fancy shmancy hotels, as well as hostels, and friend's guest rooms, I know very well what makes for a peaceful and memorable stay. This coupled with a love of nature, being natural, and appreciating creative space, have made The Fox Den a wonderful project to share.
I grew up in Korea, with my American parents, and have played music professionally internationally. I love and get to do photography, singing, and songwriting.
Here's hoping your journeys are memorable and meaningful.
My guests at the Fox Den are on my mind constantly. I really want them to have a peaceful and memorable, fun time at the cottage. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't sleep well if you're not happy. And when I hear you had a good time, or an awesome time, I am very happy, and sleep very well. :-)
I believe the meaning of life is found in loving God, and loving all people. Making the world a better place through love is the most bright purpose I know of.
Love to all, ron