Il Castello di Badia is located on the hill overlooking Poggibonsi, in the countryside of Tuscany, deep in the green hills of Val d'Elsa, near Siena, Florence and San Gimignano.
For holidays full of history and relax, there are two apartments situated in the ancient structure: "Il Cantuccio" and "La Loggia" comfortably furnished, each with private entrance.
Also available for guests, a swimming pool (15x7) sourronded by olive trees, under the shadow of the tower.
A bit of history .....
The first certain date in the history of the castle is 25 July 998, when the Marquis Ugo of Tuscany, made a gift to the church hoping to save his soul from the impending end of the world of 1000. The castle was a Benedictine monastery very important, rich and powerful along the route of the Via Francigena, a stop-over for pilgrimages to Rome.
For its strategic position, it was destroyed in XVI century during the war between Florence and Siena and then rebuilt in neo-Gothic style in 1886.
Although after the reconstruction,of the old structure remains not more than the pavement of the cloister., the walls, the walkways, the lookout towers and battlements that maintain the atmosphere and charm of the Middle Ages.
The flat is located on the ground floor of the castle and is made of one bedroom, living room with kitchenette, bathroom with shower. Guests have access to the swimming pool and all the garden inside the walls