Jätä sisältö väliin

The guest's guidebook

Mihai Adrian
Mihai Adrian
Liittyi 2019
Mihai Adrian

The guest's guidebook

Sightseeing
It is a big place with may animals, where you can just go for a walk - you have fresh air, space and fun. Highly recommend it for families.
7
paikallista suosittelee
Zoo Tîrgu Mureș
str. Verii, nr. 57
7
paikallista suosittelee
It is a big place with may animals, where you can just go for a walk - you have fresh air, space and fun. Highly recommend it for families.
The Palace of Culture is an edifice located in the centre of Târgu Mureș, Romania. The building houses the Mureș County Library, the Mureș County Museum, and the State Philharmonic of Târgu Mureș. The Palace of Culture of Târgu Mureș is listed in the National Register of Historic Monuments.
Târgu Mureș Palace of Culture
The Palace of Culture is an edifice located in the centre of Târgu Mureș, Romania. The building houses the Mureș County Library, the Mureș County Museum, and the State Philharmonic of Târgu Mureș. The Palace of Culture of Târgu Mureș is listed in the National Register of Historic Monuments.
he Medieval Fortress is located in the city center, just a few minutes from Continental Tirgu Mures, and occupies an area of 4.3 hectares. The fortress consists in a construction fortified with 7 bastions joined with walls. The medieval fortress was rebuilt on the ruins of a fortress destroyed in 1601. Currently, the fortress is restored after an extensive process that lasted over 5 years. In Medieval Fortress were discovered, among other things, traces of the country’s first brick and bronze factory, which means that the fortress was among the first industrialized fortifications in Romania. Over time it hosted many cultural events, which has become a tradition. Annually there are several events of interest to tourists and other events of interest to city residents, events that bring together over 80,000 participants. Here, there are host events like “Days of Targu Mures” (in May), “Beer Festival” (May), “Feast of wine and must” (in September) and more.
Medieval Fortress
he Medieval Fortress is located in the city center, just a few minutes from Continental Tirgu Mures, and occupies an area of 4.3 hectares. The fortress consists in a construction fortified with 7 bastions joined with walls. The medieval fortress was rebuilt on the ruins of a fortress destroyed in 1601. Currently, the fortress is restored after an extensive process that lasted over 5 years. In Medieval Fortress were discovered, among other things, traces of the country’s first brick and bronze factory, which means that the fortress was among the first industrialized fortifications in Romania. Over time it hosted many cultural events, which has become a tradition. Annually there are several events of interest to tourists and other events of interest to city residents, events that bring together over 80,000 participants. Here, there are host events like “Days of Targu Mures” (in May), “Beer Festival” (May), “Feast of wine and must” (in September) and more.
After less than a century from the first historical proof of the existence of the Franciscan order in Transylvania, Hungarian Kingdom Franciscan friars arrived in the town. The monastery is first mentioned in 1332.[1] Its building took an entire century, from the middle of the 14th century until the middle of the 15th and includes the monastery building, an older chapel, the church and the steeple. As far as the architectural style is concerned, these buildings belong to the late Gothic, both structurally and aesthetically. There were three building periods: 1350–1370 – when the chapel and monastery were built, 1370–1400 – the erection of the church choir and 1400–1450 – the last period during which the church and steeple were finalized. In 2010, the seal of a franciscan friar that was travelling to it so as to review it was discovered. The franciscan order sent friars from other monasteries to review the activity of other ones, either yearly, or every other two years. They were usually sent from as far a place as possible so as to ensure the unbiasedness of the report that they wrote.
Fortress Church
3 Piața Bernády György
After less than a century from the first historical proof of the existence of the Franciscan order in Transylvania, Hungarian Kingdom Franciscan friars arrived in the town. The monastery is first mentioned in 1332.[1] Its building took an entire century, from the middle of the 14th century until the middle of the 15th and includes the monastery building, an older chapel, the church and the steeple. As far as the architectural style is concerned, these buildings belong to the late Gothic, both structurally and aesthetically. There were three building periods: 1350–1370 – when the chapel and monastery were built, 1370–1400 – the erection of the church choir and 1400–1450 – the last period during which the church and steeple were finalized. In 2010, the seal of a franciscan friar that was travelling to it so as to review it was discovered. The franciscan order sent friars from other monasteries to review the activity of other ones, either yearly, or every other two years. They were usually sent from as far a place as possible so as to ensure the unbiasedness of the report that they wrote.
The Teleki Library, also known as Teleki-Bolyai Library and Bibliotheca Telekiana, is a historic public library and current museum in Târgu-Mureş, Romania. One of the richest Transylvanian collections of cultural artefacts, it was founded by the Hungarian Count Sámuel Teleki in 1802, at the time when Transylvania was part of the Habsburg Monarchy, and has been open to the reading public ever since. It was among the first institutions of its kind in the Kingdom of Hungary. It houses over 200,000 volumes, of which many are rarities, constituting a comprehensive scientific database. The book collection is divided into several smaller libraries, of which the two main donations are the original 40,000-volume Teleki Library and the 80,000-volume Bolyai Library; the rest, grouped as the Miscellaneous Collection, is made up of several private libraries, volumes previously held by religious schools and those of a Franciscan monastery. Overall, the library constitutes a collection of most traditional types of Transylvanian book.
Teleki Téka
The Teleki Library, also known as Teleki-Bolyai Library and Bibliotheca Telekiana, is a historic public library and current museum in Târgu-Mureş, Romania. One of the richest Transylvanian collections of cultural artefacts, it was founded by the Hungarian Count Sámuel Teleki in 1802, at the time when Transylvania was part of the Habsburg Monarchy, and has been open to the reading public ever since. It was among the first institutions of its kind in the Kingdom of Hungary. It houses over 200,000 volumes, of which many are rarities, constituting a comprehensive scientific database. The book collection is divided into several smaller libraries, of which the two main donations are the original 40,000-volume Teleki Library and the 80,000-volume Bolyai Library; the rest, grouped as the Miscellaneous Collection, is made up of several private libraries, volumes previously held by religious schools and those of a Franciscan monastery. Overall, the library constitutes a collection of most traditional types of Transylvanian book.
The Ascension of the Lord Cathedral is a Romanian Orthodox cathedral in Târgu Mureş, Romania. It was built between 1925 and 1934 on the initiative of Archpriest Ştefan Rusu. As the seat of an archpriest and not a bishop, it is a church and not technically a cathedral, but is commonly referred to as such. The Cathedral's cornerstone was laid on May 10, 1925, an event witnessed by, among others, the Minister of Religious Affairs, Alexandru Lapedatu, Bishop Nicolae Ivan, and Octavian Goga, who was a government minister at the time. The cathedral was built according to the plans of architect Victor Vlad of the Polytechnic University of Timișoara, in the form of a Greek cross. The total cost of the building was estimated at 20 million lei. The iconostasis was built in 1934 by Traian Bobletec of Nazna, while the bells were cast at Timișoara. Due to lack of funding, murals of the interior were only completed in 1986.
Ascension Cathedral
1 Piața Trandafirilor
The Ascension of the Lord Cathedral is a Romanian Orthodox cathedral in Târgu Mureş, Romania. It was built between 1925 and 1934 on the initiative of Archpriest Ştefan Rusu. As the seat of an archpriest and not a bishop, it is a church and not technically a cathedral, but is commonly referred to as such. The Cathedral's cornerstone was laid on May 10, 1925, an event witnessed by, among others, the Minister of Religious Affairs, Alexandru Lapedatu, Bishop Nicolae Ivan, and Octavian Goga, who was a government minister at the time. The cathedral was built according to the plans of architect Victor Vlad of the Polytechnic University of Timișoara, in the form of a Greek cross. The total cost of the building was estimated at 20 million lei. The iconostasis was built in 1934 by Traian Bobletec of Nazna, while the bells were cast at Timișoara. Due to lack of funding, murals of the interior were only completed in 1986.
Located at the highest point of the city, the Plateau opens a wide panorama over the city and the valley of the Mureș River. The main attraction here is the Zoo, divided into five sectors: primates, tropical house, carnivores, herbivores and birds. It is a very sought after leisure area, especially as the cold season passes. Here is an area where you can spend all day with family, children or in groups without getting bored. Located in the forest at the latitude where you can admire a panoramic part of the city of Targu Mures, you can exercise for health at fitness equipments accessible free of charge, to run on the elastic surface tracks through the forest, to have a tasty barbecue in a place with secured grills and free running water (with food and charcoal brought from home), you can use the play equipment for preschool children that are made available to them or climbing training, or listen to stories in specially arranged houses .
6
paikallista suosittelee
Platoul Corneşti
57 Strada Verii
6
paikallista suosittelee
Located at the highest point of the city, the Plateau opens a wide panorama over the city and the valley of the Mureș River. The main attraction here is the Zoo, divided into five sectors: primates, tropical house, carnivores, herbivores and birds. It is a very sought after leisure area, especially as the cold season passes. Here is an area where you can spend all day with family, children or in groups without getting bored. Located in the forest at the latitude where you can admire a panoramic part of the city of Targu Mures, you can exercise for health at fitness equipments accessible free of charge, to run on the elastic surface tracks through the forest, to have a tasty barbecue in a place with secured grills and free running water (with food and charcoal brought from home), you can use the play equipment for preschool children that are made available to them or climbing training, or listen to stories in specially arranged houses .
The Synagogue Status Quo Ante from Târgu Mureș, located at No. 24, Aurel Filimon street, is the cultural centre for the small Jewish community in the city of Târgu Mureș proper, as well as the larger Transilvanian region. It was originally constructed during the Austro-Hungarian period, in 1899–1900, in an eclectic architectural style. In 2004, the synagogue Status Quo Ante from Târgu Mureș was added to the list of historic monuments for Mureș County, under registration code MS-II-mB-15544.
Community Status Quo Ante
23 Strada Aurel Filimon
The Synagogue Status Quo Ante from Târgu Mureș, located at No. 24, Aurel Filimon street, is the cultural centre for the small Jewish community in the city of Târgu Mureș proper, as well as the larger Transilvanian region. It was originally constructed during the Austro-Hungarian period, in 1899–1900, in an eclectic architectural style. In 2004, the synagogue Status Quo Ante from Târgu Mureș was added to the list of historic monuments for Mureș County, under registration code MS-II-mB-15544.
Bolyai Museum
17 Strada Bolyai