A rustic cottage in the village of Purbrook just 5 min drive to QA hospital or 10-15 mins into Portsmouth.
- Free street parking & bus stop opposite
- 3 double bedrooms (1 en-suite) & 1 twin
- Sofa bed in 1 of 2 main living areas
- 2 min walk to local amenities (Co-Op, takeaways & village church)
- 10 mins drive to Port Solent harbour
- 12 min drive into Portsmouth (waterfront city)
- Freeview, DVD's, books, games and Google mini provided for entertainment
- Own garden
A beautiful and homely cottage in Purbrook on outskirts of Waterlooville. Farm-house style furnishings and charming wooden-beam ceilings. Great space for a family or group of friends. Property is situated on the main road through Purbrook but the house has triple glazed windows so you do not hear traffic outside.
There are 4 comfortable bedrooms; 3 double rooms and 1 twin room & we can also set up the sofa bed in the living area if required, meaning the cottage is well-suited to families or large groups and can host a total of 10 people. *Please advise in advance if you require the sofa bed making up.*
The cottage boasts two cosy reception areas; the first is a family living room with a large selection of DVDs, great for evening hang-outs and movie nights. The second reception room is a relaxing snug with an inviting fireplace and comfortable sofas, perfect for curling up with a book and a cup of tea.
The spacious kitchen is home to an aga and is equipped with everything needed to cook a delicious meal. There is also a separate dining room with a large dining table, ideal for dinner with family or entertaining friends.
There are 3 bathrooms. This main bathroom has a large bath and shower, the second bathroom has a shower and the third bathroom in an en-suit in one of the double rooms.
The property has a large, welcoming garden with a grass lawn and a patio with chairs and a table.
I do own both a travel cot and high chair. Please advise if these are required for your stay so I can drop them off at the property beforehand.
Other things to note:
There are stairs in the property which may not be suitable for disabled or elderly guests or very small children. However there is a second staircase that can be used.
The location gives easy access to leisure activities and a short drive to into Port Solent, Waterlooville or the vibrant city of Portsmouth.
- 1 min walk to local amenities, such as a family friendly pub, Chinese, Indian & fish & chip shop takeaway, a Co-op grocery store and the village church.
- 4 mins drive to Fort Purbrook and Fort Widley, historic forts that are home to a number of outdoor activities such as nature trails, horse-riding and archery.
- 4 mins drive to Portsmouth Golf Courses
-12 mins drive to Port Solent (full of water-side restaurants, shops and a cinema)
- 20 mins drive to Portsmouth (home to Southsea seafront, beaches and common, Gunwharf Quays, boutique and high-street shopping, Canoe Lake park, Southsea Castle, cafes and restaurants, music venues, and many more exciting things to see and do).
Purbrook, Englanti, Britannia