Welcome to the ARThouse on the River! The ARThouse offers fantastic scenic river views and ALL the added comforts of home. We are the premium living space in the greater Toledo area! We are safe, secure, spacious, well-appointed, everything thought of and an all included setup against a backdrop of serenity and peace.
Nestled on the banks of the scenic Maumee River is a 1700 sq ft private space located between Waterville and Grand Rapids, OH. In addition to the incredible setting our price is a bargain/steal for the right client. It includes a complete security system, garbage collection, grounds maintenance, once a month professional cleaning, generator backup for power loss, handicap ramp access, fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, and linens/toiletries/pillows.
ARThouse is perfect for:
• Extended professional stays or sabbaticals
• Kayaking on a spectacular stretch of the Maumee River
• Beautiful Otsego Park within walking distance
• Bald eagle family sightings as well as numerous other birds and waterfowl to observe
Comprehensive sleeping arrangements including linens/pillows:
1 to 2 Persons = Master Bedroom (river view), King-size ultra plush bed, full desk workspace, iron, ironing board.
3 to 4 Persons = Second Bedroom (closet), Queen-size memory gel platform bed.
5 to 6 Persons = Third Bedroom (river view), Queen-size memory gel platform bed.
Master Bedroom has adjoining Master Bath:
2 sinks, shower, large corner 54" x 54" bathtub including towels, soaps, basic toiletries, blow-dryer, first aid kit.
Second and Third Bedrooms have adjacent full bath including towels, soaps, basic toiletries.
Sunroom has unbeatable unobstructed 14 window view of the river (glimpses of a bald eagle family right from your seat), piano.
Living Room has 42” wireless HDTV, WIFI included, cable optional, gas fireplace.
Fully equipped kitchen available for guests to cook and eat:
Microwave, Keurig, regular coffee maker (filters, coffee, teas provided), 4 slice toaster, dishwasher, refrigerator/freezer, gas stove, utensils, towels, cookware.
The Shops at Fallen Timbers (Maumee, OH-15 min)
Bass Pro Shop (Rossford, OH-20 min))
Levis Commons Towne Center (Perrysburg, OH-15 min))
Quaint shops/antiquing: Waterville, OH (7 min) / Grand Rapids, OH (5 min)
Bowling Green, OH (15 min)
Hollywood Casino (Rossford, OH-20 min)
Toledo Museum of Art (30 minutes)
Kayaking /Biking: Grand Rapids, OH (5 min)
Package store/gas station within walking distance -- Hunting/Fishing Licenses available
GUESTS PLEASE NOTE:
Read the "house rules" below carefully and also the additional guidance we have provided in that section for our mutual understanding and benefit. We wish to keep the "process" of enjoying your and our ARThouse simple, serene and worthwhile!
We are a specialty property and have furnished the space with care, thought, and love so please, please be acutely aware of the contents of the household. Please treat the space as you would treat your own. Please leave the space as close to clean as you found it. Upon check in and check out, we will perform a walk through with the guests.
We respectfully ask that you please do not wear any footwear while inside the ARThouse. It is our only straightforward simple spiritual request of all ARThouse dwellers. Our once a month professional cleaning crew will also deeply appreciate your kindness!
In addition to the standard terms included herein, Guest(s) acknowledges and agrees that the following additional terms and conditions apply to the Guest’s rental of the property:
1) People other than those in the Guest party set forth strictly MAY NOT be on the ARThouse premises at any time during the day or night. Should the standard permitted guests like to invite additional souls to the ARThouse during their contractual stay, explicit permission will need to be obtained without fail from us 48 hours in advance.
Any such additional persons at the property is the sole responsibility of Guest(s) at all times that they are at the ARThouse.
This does not mean that you may not invite a few select friends or family to enjoy the ARThouse during your stay. But it does mean that we have to know in advance and EXACTLY how many and for how long. This keeps the entire process transparent and free of guesswork and ill will! The "number" of persons agreeing to be at the ARThouse shall be STRICTLY ENFORCED at all times. Please, absolutely NO PRIVATE get-togethers / parties/ family -friends gatherings, etc.
2) Please only use appliances for their intended uses.
3) While linens/bath towels are included, daily maid service is not. We do not permit linens/towels to be taken from the home; otherwise a charge will be incurred and taken from the deposit.
4) Smoking is not allowed. However, on the back deck off the Sunroom there will be a provision to enjoy a casual, relaxing smoke. Please refrain from smoking on the front porch.
5) Guest(s) shall not use the property for any unethical, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the property. This includes all local subdivisional rules and county regulations.
6) Guest(s) and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger or inconvenience neighbors. If you are outside, please be mindful of your conduct and please do not be noisy at any time.
7) Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace.
8) Do not flush anything down toilets other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could incur thousands of dollars in damages/fines!
9) Absolutely no kids under the age of 15 at any time! In which case they count as an additional "person" and therefore engender the same charges as set forth in the agreement with airbnb.com. We are open to making individual and case by case exceptions for families with small children. But we do stress the "individual and case by case"!
10) Absolutely no pets of any kind are allowed onto the premises at any time. Some guests may have allergies and though we love animals, we must respect this fact. However, small pets or service animals will be taken into consideration.
11) Any damages incurred to the home, its contents, or its equipment will be refunded in full for the value of the damaged pieces before checking out of the ARThouse on the River. Guest(s) shall be liable to the ARThouse for damages caused by Guest(s) occupants.
12) Guest(s) shall return all keys of the premises to The ARThouse on the River and shall be liable to ARThouse for all keys not so returned.
13) Right of Entry. The ARThouse on the River reserves the right to enter at reasonable times to make repairs upon giving Guest(s) reasonable notice. Any damages or housekeeping violations will be the liability of the Guest(s). Any charges for such will be assessed and Guest(s) must pay said charges or may be turned to collection. Guest(s) agrees that in case of emergency or apparent abandonment, The ARThouse on the River may enter the property without consent of Guest(s).
14) Rules and Regulations. Guest(s) and occupants shall agree and comply with these written rules which shall be considered part of this lease. From time to time changing the rules for this property may become necessary. Changes are effective immediately. Guest(s) agrees to comply with these rules. We appreciate your understanding. We are sure you agree with our directness!
DISCLOSURES: RELEASE Guest(s) hereby waives and releases any claims against The ARThouse on the River, the property owner and their successors, for any injuries or death, accidents, illness that may be sustained by Guest(s) on or near or adjacent to the property.
LOST OR STOLEN PROPERTY The ARThouse on the River shall not be responsible for losses by Guest(s), or any other party due to theft, damage to, or disappearance of equipment or other personal property, it being specifically acknowledged that such equipment and property is not under the care, custody, or control of The ARThouse on the River. Guest(s) agrees that all personal property, furnishings, personal effects and other items brought into the property by Guest(s) or their permitted guests and visitors shall be at the sole risk of Guest(s) with regard to any theft, damage, destruction or other loss and The ARThouse on the River shall not be held responsible or liable for any reason whatsoever.
DAMAGE TO PROPERTY Guest(s) hereby covenants and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The ARThouse on the River from and against any costs, damages (normal wear and tear excluded), liabilities, claims, legal fees and other actions for any damages, costs, attorney’s fees incurred by Guest(s), permitted guests, visitors, representatives or successors of Guest(s) due to any claims relating to destruction of property or injury to persons or loss of life sustained by Guest or family and visitors of Guest(s) in or about the property and Guest(s) expressly agrees to save and hold The ARThouse on the River harmless in all such cases. If any damages are incurred by the Guest(s) to the artwork or to the home and its contents, the Guest(s) agrees to pay in full all costs to cover the damages or missing items before checking out of the premises. If payment is not made in full in recovering money for the damage or missing items, legal action will be pursued by the owner of The ARThouse on the River in obtaining payment in full.
DEFAULT If Guest(s) should fail to comply with the conditions and obligations of this Agreement, Guest(s) shall surrender the property, remove all Guest’s property/belongings and leave the property in good order and free of damage immediately. No refund of any portion of the total rental fee shall be made and if any legal action is necessary, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement from the other party for all costs incurred.
The above are simply standard legal parameters. To sum it up: We are just honest, simple, hardworking folks! Please protect our labor of love! Inspire us with your nobility as we shall you with our own! "Morality" may mean different things to different folks but standard goodness and down home values are eternal in all cultures, all languages and with all of humanity. We follow this code and we enforce this code.
As Ohio villages go, Grand Rapids is the best! Only 5 miles from ARThouse, step back in time and enjoy the natural setting of this restored canal town with buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places. You may eat, shop antiques, visit a totally restored water and steam powered mill, or even pretend that you are an 1800's settler and ride the canal boat pulled by mules down the restored Miami & Erie Canal.
Grand Rapids, Ohio, Yhdysvallat