Restored former farmhouse on large bucolic estate
14 vierasta · 8 makuuhuonetta · 6.5 kylpyhuonetta
Get a taste of life in the Tuscan countryside at villa Fagnana. The restored farm, whose eight bedrooms are divided between a former farmhouse and barn, offers a quiet, private getaway spot that’s still conveniently close to cities like Pisa, Florence, Siena and Lucca. Enjoy the timeless setting of rolling hills dotted with traditional buildings from a home that’s been updated with modern luxuries.
The property’s outdoor spaces make it easy to appreciate its rural setting on an estate once owned by the bankers to the Medici family. The kitchen and living room open to a large terrace with a barbecue shaded dining table, and a smaller table perfect for breakfast or a snack. Down a flight of steps, you’ll find the inground pool, which is surrounded by its own terrace, loungers and gazebo. The villa itself is air-conditioned and has Wi-Fi in the main areas and a VoIP phone, plus a laptop, iPod and baby equipment upon request.
Fagnana’s interiors still have their traditional bones but have been given a fresh, modern update. In the living rooms, you’ll find classic Tuscan Cotto floors, large fireplaces, and beamed ceilings set off by clean-lined, neutral-toned sofas and glass-topped side tables. The quiet, spacious dining room pairs an antique console with a simple farmhouse table and chairs. In the kitchen, which is open to the dining room, modern appliances like a large gas range are tucked into pale wood cabinets and open upper shelving.
There are seven bedrooms in the main house and one bedroom in the former barn (now a guest cottage). In the main house, the ground floor features a bedroom with a queen bed and an en-suite bathroom. Upstairs, you’ll find two bedrooms with a king bed and en-suite bathroom and two bedrooms with a queen bed and shared bathroom. A bedroom with a single bed and another bedroom with a single bed share a bathroom. In the guest cottage, there’s a bedroom with a king bed and en-suite bathroom.
Since Fagnana is located on a 1,700-acre estate, there’s plenty to explore on foot, like the private church that’s a 15-minute walk away. By car, it’s 10 minutes to shopping, dining and a tennis court in the town of Forcoli, and 15 minutes to the hospital and train station in Pontedera. Just 20 minutes away, you’ll find the Castelfalfi golf course, and the beaches in Pisa and Tirrenia are 45 minutes away. The Pisa airport is 40 minutes away, and the Florence airport is a 60-minute drive.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with tub and shower, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Access to common lounge area
- Bedroom 2 - Piaggia: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with tub, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Access to common lounge area
- Bedroom 3 - Poggetto: Queen size bed, Shared bathroom with shower, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Access to common lounge area
- Bedroom 4 - Molinuccio: Single bed, Shared bathroom with Bedroom 3, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Access to common lounge area
- Bedroom 5 - Leccio: Single bed, Shared bathroom with shower, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Access to common lounge area
- Bedroom 6 - Colline: Queen size bed, Shared bathroom with Bedroom 5, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Access to common lounge area
- Bedroom 7 - Valle: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Small lounge area
- Bedroom 8: - Limonaia King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Independent room located in front of villa’s main entrance
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Air conditioning (May to end of September)
- Heating system (October to end of April)
- Satellite television (limited free channels)
- DVD player
- Wi-Fi access in main part of the house
- Baby equipment (upon request)
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary initial toiletries
- Bathrobes and disposable slippers
- Washer & Dryer
- Iron & Ironing board
- Swimming pool - heated at extra cost (300euro)
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining
- Charcoal BBQ (charcoal not provided)
- Electric gate
STAFF & SERVICES
- Weekday housekeeping (2 hours/day except Sundays and Holidays)
- Pool cleaning and maintenance (2 times/week)
- Initial supplies:
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Pool heating
- Excessive phone charges
- Heating consumption
- Additional housekeeping
- Change of linen
- 5 minute drive to wine and truffle tasting
- 15 minute walk to private hamlet catholic church
- 10 minute drive to:
- 14.7 km to hospital and train station in Pontedera
- 26.6 km to Castelfalfi golf course
- 36.3 km to Pisa International Airport (PSA)
- 39.2 km to beaches in Pisa and Tirrenea
- 54.5 km to Florence Airport (FLR)
Villa Saletta estate, once owned by the Riccardi family (bankers to the Medici), covers approximately 1,760 acres. In total, there are more than 20 old farmhouses on the estate, mostly dating back to the 1800s. Each one has its own story to tell, being unique and individual in size and location.
Three of these farmhouses have been restored so far. Every restored villa has its own private grounds with electric gates, outdoor swimming pool, barbecue and comfortable shaded seating areas.
It was then refurbished in 2004 to give it an updated feel and add more modern conveniences. It is set on very private, secure grounds and, being situated in the hills, provides excellent views towards Pisa and spectacular sunsets.
Opposite the main entrance to the house is the Limonaia, a separate building which has a large double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
An open terrace for outdoor dining runs the length of the house at the rear, complete with barbeque. The terrace overlooks the private, enclosed garden featuring a large area of lawn with mature olive trees and attractive flower beds. A swimming pool with its own sun terrace completes the picture.
Please note estate roads are not suitable for vehicles with poor ground clearance
Ainutlaatuiset kohteet, joissa kaikki on viiden tähden luokkaa
Jokainen Airbnb Luxe -kohde on upea ja asiantuntevasti suunniteltu. Kohteessa on saatavilla ylellisiä mukavuuksia ja palveluja, ja sinulla on käytössäsi matkasuunnittelijan asiantuntemus.
Näin Airbnb Luxe on erilainen
Matkan suunnittelu alusta loppuun
Matkasuunnittelijat koordinoivat saapumisesi, lähtösi ja kaiken siltä väliltä.
Yli 300 kohdan tarkastus
Jokaisen Airbnb Luxe -kohteen moitteeton kunto vahvistetaan henkilökohtaisessa laatutarkastuksessa.
Huolenpito majoittumisen aikana, 24/7
Premium-apua saatavilla pyynnöstä mihin tahansa kysymykseen mihin kellonaikaan tahansa.
+ 12 lisää
Onko sinulla kysyttävää tästä kohteesta?
Yhdistämme sinut suoraan Airbnb Luxe -matkasuunnittelijalle. Hän on nykyaikainen "ovimies", joka tuntee jokaisen kohteen ja voi auttaa sinua suunnittelemaan koko matkasi.
Hinnoittelu ja varattavuus
Peruutusehto ja talon säännöt
Jos peruutat vähintään 95 päivää ennen majoittumistasi, saat täyden hyvityksen. Varaus ei ole hyvitettävissä, jos peruutat 95 päivän sisällä majoittumisesta.